Welcome to a blog on the Parish of Effin Parish and its History.
During my study for the Certificate in Local History at the University of Limerick (2011), I had to undertake a lot of local history research and came across a lot of interesting facts on Effin which I have included in this blog. I hope to grow this site to include more articles as I come across interesting facts about our Parish.
The Irish name for Effin is Eifinn
Effin is on Logainm.ie: Effin.
The following facilities are in the parish.
- Effin National School
- Canon Hayes Muinter na Tire Hall
- GAA Sportsfield Field with walking track, outdoor gym equipment, and an indoor training hall.
- Effin GAA club
- Effin Badminton Club
- Effin and Garrienderk Community Development Committee
- 2 Churches
- 3 Graveyards
- Kilbreedy Minor graveyard in Thomastown (no longer in use)
- The Old Irish Creamery factory which produces Effin Cheese
- 2 Pubs
I hope you enjoy this blog and find some of the articles, useful and interesting.
Ann Marie Kennedy